Cooked meals, including a vegetarian option, are prepared daily in our kitchen and children are offered a choice of main courses and desserts.
Salads and fruit are always available and we also offer a jacket potato option.
Meals are eaten in the dining hall.
The cost of a school meal is £2.10. We are happy to accept payment for the week, month, half term or term.
Cheques (made payable to Abbots Farm Junior School) or cash should be placed in a sealed envelope clearly marked with the child's name and class and handed into the class teacher or at the School Office. Alternatively, please make use of the online payments system. Payment must be made on Mondays please.
Free School Meals
Free school meals are available to some children according to family income. Some children are entitled to Free School Meals if their parents, carers or guardians receive:
• Income Support; or
• Job Seeker's Allowance (Income-Based); or
• State Pension Credit (Guarantee Credit); or
• Employment and Support Allowance (Income-Related); or
• Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999; or
• Child Tax Credit, as long as parents / carers do not receive Working Tax Credit and they have an annual taxable income as assessed by Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs which does not exceed £16,190; or
• If they are entitled to a Working Tax Credit Run On for four weeks after stopping work or reducing working hours to less than 16 hours per week.
To find out if your child qualifies for free school meals, you should:
• Call Warwickshire 01926 742060 or http://www.warwickshire.gov.uk/freeschoolmeals
• Call HMRC Tax Credit helpline (0845 300 3900) or http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Parents/Schoolslearninganddevelopment/SchoolLife; or
• Contact Turn2Us http://www.turn2us.org.uk- a charitable service that helps people access the money available to them - through welfare benefits, grants and other help.
If you've any general questions about free school meals, please ask us at the Office.
Alternatively, children may bring a packed lunch. This should be in a secure named container. A drink should be provided in a non-breakable container. Packed lunches are eaten in the main hall. No sweets or fizzy drinks are allowed - instead, we encourage lots of fruit, vegetables and water.