The Pupil Premium is additional funding allocated to schools with pupils on roll that are identified as disadvantaged (free school meals pupils, children looked after or previously looked after and children of service personnel). It was introduced to support disadvantaged pupils perform better and close the gap between thmeselves and their peers.
Schools have the freedom to spend the Pupil Premium, which is additional to the underlying schools budget, in a way they think will best support the raising of attainment for the most vulnerable pupils.
Free School Meals Eligibility
To be entitled to free school meals parents must be receiving one of the following support payments:
- Income Support
- Employment Support Allowance (Income Related)
- Income Based Job Seekers Allowance
- Guaranteed Pension Credit
- Child Tax credit and the assessed family income does not exceed £16,190. Parents receiving Working Tax Credit are not entitled regardless of the level of assessed income.
- Children of Asylum Seekers who receive support from Social Services are entitled as are those children who receive Income Support in their own right.
To apply for free school meals, parents are asked to follow this link to the Warwickshire free school meals team or contact the team by calling 01926 359189.
Parents are not required to provide evidence of the benefit as checks will be made using data held by the Department for Education.